Before anyone gets too offended that anyone has asked them to consider their words ever, at all, for any reason, keep in mind that these are good tips for anyone of any race speaking to anyone else of any race.
People around you might be embarrassed for you:
1. If you offer compliments that leave a person feeling vaguely insulted.
2. If you use other people’s cultures flippantly.
3. If you pass judgment on why a person uses whatever dialect they choose.
4. If you offer unsolicited advice about how to care for someone’s hair.
5. If you make generalized statements and ignore the significant diversity within every race.